CM Nitish Kumar transfers Rs 10,000 to 25 lakh Jeevika women under the employment scheme.
Photo Credit: Bihar CMO.

Patna, February 16, 2026: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday transferred Rs 10,000 each to 25 lakh women associated with Jeevika groups under the Chief Minister Women Employment Scheme.
An event was organized at the Chief Minister’s official residence at 1 Anne Marg in Patna, where the amount was disbursed to beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Nitish Kumar fulfilled the poll promise:
Bihar cabinet minister Shrawon Kumar said the transfer had answered critics who had questioned the intentions of the state government.
“Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had promised to provide Rs 10,000each to women under the employment scheme. In the past, the Bihar government has already transferred Rs 10,000 to 1.56 crore women. Now an additional 25 lakh women have received Rs 10,000 each, amounting to 2,500 crore,” he said.
He explained that the latest beneficiaries were women whose applications were either pending or had discrepancies earlier.

“They have now been provided financial assistance to support employment and self-employment,” Kumar said.
The minister further stated that the Chief Minister has directed officials to review the progress of women who had earlier received assistance.
“If beneficiaries demonstrate success in their respective fields, the Nitish Kumar government will provide additional financial support of up to Rs 2 lakh based on performance,” he added.
Referring to remarks made after the Bihar Assembly elections, Shrawon Kumar said a leader of the opposition, Tejashwi Yadav, had said he would assess the government’s performance over 100 days, including whether funds were transferred to Jeevika women.
“I want him to see the commitment of our leader, Nitish Kumar. He made an election promise to empower financially under the Mukhyamantri Mahila Rojgar Yojana, and he is fulfilling it,” Kumar said.
The employment scheme was launched in August 2025:
The Mukhyamantri Mahila Rojgar Yojana was announced by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on August 29, 2025, and was implemented within a month.
On September 26, 2026, Prime Minister Narendra Modi formally launched the scheme and transferred the first installment to 75 lakh women beneficiaries.

“The micro-investment will immensely benefit families and strengthen women’s economic independence across the state,” Kumar said.
Also Read: Nitish Kumar transfers Rs 10,000 each to 10 lakh women under the women’s employment scheme.
EOM.